What can we say? Parents love the Ergo Carrier. And those parents who prefer more "designer" fabrics, love the Designer version of the Ergo even more! We recently visited the local Mom and Baby Fitness class and nine out of ten moms were wearing an Ergo - all bought from Mountain Baby (the tenth mom probably has one by now!) Why is the Ergo so lovable? It is a beautifully soft fabric carrier designed for maximum comfort and can be worn:
On the front as a front carrier
On the side as a sling
On the back as a soft backpack
The Ergo is very comfortable for the parent in all positions, and can easily be shifted from one position to another. With its thick padded waist and shoulder straps, the ERGO distributes the weight ergonomically across the lumbar region and is easy on the parent's back.The Ergo is a particular favourite of parents who prefer to carry their older babies (five months and up), toddlers and even preschoolers on their back but are not comfortable with a traditional framed backpack. Some parents feel more secure with their baby or toddler close against them on their back, and/or they find the bulk of a frame pack awkward to deal with in the house or when out in a crowded area. Parents indicate that the Ergo is so comfortable they can even carry a six year old in the ERGO, and that it is particularly useful when traveling. We have had customers who have taken the Ergo to Europe, Asia and South America and have really appreciated the lightweight portability of the carrier!
The ERGO Baby Carrier's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby/child's hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the child's weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine. The attached sleeping hood (included) supports your baby's or toddler's head and expands as your child grows.
SPECIAL NOTE: For parents who wish to use the ERGO carrier from birth, an Infant Insert can be purchased. Ergo also now has a "package deal" - the Ergo Bundle of Joy which includes the Ergo Carrier and the Insert. The insert is a specially padded and shaped cushion that fits into the Carrier and supports the newborn's/infant's head and body. The hood on the front can be used as a sunshade. It is easy to breastfeed the baby in this position.
• 14 ounce cotton canvas for maximum durability
• 400 threads per inch cotton poplin lining and hood
• 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
• One inch, high density foam in shoulder straps
• Quarter inch high density neoprene foam in waist belt
• National Molding buckles tested up to 235 pounds
• Waist belt circumference from 25" to 43"
• Fits from 5' to 6.5' body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps
• Carrier offers superior ergonomic comfort
• Sleeping hood adjusts in length to growth of baby
• Can be used from birth to age four or five
• Baby's position supports optimal spinal development
• Reinforcement stitching used at all fabric intersections
• Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections
• High quality black webbing
• Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds
• Machine washable, gentle cycle
|In Store Only?||No|